Tired of searching about the D-link router login? No worries, you have landed at just the right place. Here we have listed everything you need to know about the D-link routers. Well, D-link is known for being the corporate name of a designer and manufacturer of networking, broadband, digital, voice and data communications solutions. This company provides its customers with consumer devices apart from providing network connectivity solutions to small and medium scale businesses. Its products and services incorporate networking solutions for wireless bridging, network storage, cable and DSL modems, PoE adapters, network adapters, routers and the list continues. Did you know that D-link was founded in 1986?
Now about the routers, D-link offers a range of routers that meet the everyday demand for home and small scale businesses. Just by connecting a Wireless Router to your pre-existing cable, NBN or DSL modem, you can generate a secure wireless network to share an internet connection with one and all. So, just by using this you can attain easy access to share photos, files, music, files, music, video, printers, network storage throughout your home or office, just as per your requirements. Also, using Wireless AC, the newest generation of Wi-Fi technology, you can reap the benefits like enjoying super-fast speeds on your wireless network and much more!
How can you setup your D-link Router?
Now that you have everything assembled, you can start with setting up your D-link router. For this, you should have your internet connected to the router. Put the internet connection in the WAN port. Connect the computer with one of the LAN ports. Here we have listed a few steps that should be followed in the right chronological order for your D-link Router setup:
Step 1: You need to open the router in a new browser tab
Firstly, now you need to browser and navigate to http://192.168.0.1. This is known to be the default IP address of the D-link router.
Step 2: You should enter the D-link router password
Note that the default router password of a D-link router is blank (nothing) and the default username is ‘Admin’. Now that you have been logged in, Internet Connection Wizard will display. The wizard opens only at the first time of your login. Click on the Internet Connection Wizard located in the centre of the page, if setup wizard fails to display.
Step 3: You should setup a strong secure password
You should change the default password. For that you need to enter a strong passphrase (at least 8 characters) in order to secure your router from any misuse. Then click on next when done.
Step 4: Then select your Timezone
Now you need to select your time zone.
Step 5: Configure the internet connection
Out of all this is the most crucial step. Now you need to configure your internet connection. Next, it highly depends on you how you end up connecting to the internet. You can select from the options that we have mentioned below:
- DHCP connection. You can easily access this when you have a modem from your ISP. All you gotta do is select DHCP and click next.
- Note that you don’t need to enter the MAC Address or either a hostname. You can configure the DNS later. Click next.
- Type the required Username/Password (PPPoE). If in case you have PPPoE credentials from your ISP, then you should select this option. Lastly, enter credentials and click on next.
Now that you have completed this successfully, click on connect. Wait for a few seconds to connect. Now you should have an internet connection.
How can you update your D-Link Router?
Well, updating a D-link Router is not a big task. All you need to do is attentively follow the instructions mentioned below:
- First and foremost, you should visit the D-Link’s support website
- Then we advise you to navigate to your product’s specific page
- Then find and download the latest firmware
- Now, if all has been done and the firmware has been downloaded, you need to open a web browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge and login to “http://dlinkrouter” or “http://192.168.0.1“. Type this into the address bar if you want to gain access to your router on your ole network. Then login using your username and password.
- Next, click on the tools tab and then click on firmware, under this upgrade, you need to click on the browse button and navigate to the bin file download.
- You should select and open the file.
- Finally, click on upload to upgrade firmware. It may take a few seconds so avoid unplugging, shutting down or in any way disrupting the router while the upgrade is being performed. Then click on continue when the prompt displays.